Thursday, January 10, 2013

Did another writing HIT

Well, one might notice that the frequency with which I update my mTurk Experience has dropped. That is because, thankfully, my full time job has me busy again.

I still try to get into mTurk and make a nickel or two when I have a chance. I'm thinking of buying a laptop with my mTurk money. We'll see how it goes.

Today I did another little writing task for around $0.65. It wasn't too bad. I stumbled on the topic a little, so had to look up a couple of things, but I got it written and submitted. I was having difficulty with my MS Word, so I used an online spellchecker. That was okay, but somehow I got the word "spa" mistyped as "span" and obviously the spellchecker isn't going to help with that. I didn't notice until I had alread submitted it. I contacted the requester. I hope they still accept it. I had a similar issue before and they did, but I'm concerned now that they might keep good enough records and think that's going to happen every time I submit something. We shall see.

I am considering doing the CrowdSource top-tier test. I'm actually a little intimidated by it, but I read that you can expect over $0.03/word. At that rate, my $0.65 HIT would have been worth four and a half dollars! That might rival my fulltime hourly rate. (especially if I get practiced at it and can begin to type faster and think more quickly of what to say and how to word it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to avoid spam.