Friday, December 21, 2012

Approved and HIT-ing

Almost.

I got my approval email a little earlier than I expected. I clicked on their begin sign-in link and filled in whatever page came up there. It then directed me to create a Payments account. I put in my personal info and tried to move on. I didn't see anything that said I would need to, but got an error message that I hadn't verified my email account with Amazon Payments. I had to open my email, find another message from Amz, and jump through some more hoops. It asked for my personal info again but finally seemed to have worked.

I did a HIT, just to see how it goes. Some crappy-low paying thing, but I just wanted to get a couple of hits in for the experience and practice. It went fairly well. I think it paid either $.03 or $.08. really LOW! This is not the type of HIT I'll be looking for as I go on, but I understand I might have to deal with some of these until I get some accepts and pass some tests.

I tried another hit (The other side of the $.03 or $.08) that specificaly said I should copy and paste keywords off the hit into a google search. When I tried to copy, it would not select. It's in a frame and I can select text outside the frame, but inside the frame the text is not selectable. There might be some work-around, but for the moment I'll just avoid that type of HIT.

SUSPENDED!
Already?
Not really, but that's the error message I got. When I sign in to mturk.com it says my payment account is suspended. I submitted the form for payment customer service to call me and the gentleman there told me that it was actually a delay caused by a new signup process where they have to verify certain tax info. It should clear up on it's own within 24 hours, he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to avoid spam.