Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's a legal matter baby

Before I started the blog, I thought, "I better read the policies and make sure this is allowed!". Best I can tell, it is. The most restrictive thing I saw said not to publish a press release about MTurk without their permission. They go through a lot of legalese to say that each provider is only doing business with each requester and that Amazon is only providing the Payment Service. They really cover their own backsides as much as they possibly can. That's to be expected. I'd do the same thing in their position.

I'm no lawyer, but even through all their legal babbling it's not too hard to follow.

One thing that was emphasized on their policies was TAXES.
It will be very important as I move forward that I make sure I know how to deal with the IRS.
(I'm an American, in America.)
Amazon and MTurk make no effort to get involved in dealing with any required taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to avoid spam.